Please contact all Councillors by e mail: email@example.com
Roy Morse (Chair) Roy Morse Register of Interest form
Ken Lewis (Vice Chair)
Neil Brand Neil Brand – Register of Interest June 2018
Shayne Gibbs Shayne Gibbs Register of Interest form
Donald Hudson Donald Hudson Register of Interest form
Standing for election to Kilmersdon Parish Council
Candidates are needed for the 2019 Parish Council elections. If you are interested in becoming a Parish Councillor for Kilmersdon, you can download information and the relevant nomination forms from the Mendip District Council website. http://www.mendip.gov.uk/electioncandidate
You do not have to be a member of or represent a political party to stand for council. You do not have to be qualified in any particular area, just have a will to improve the community in which you live or work.
To stand as a candidate at a local election, you must be at least 18 years old and must be a British, Commonwealth, Irish or other European Union member state citizen. You must meet one or more of the following conditions:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the area in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the area.
- You have lived in the area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election. (for parish/town/city elections, you must live within 4.8k of the area)
There are also some reasons to disqualify certain people from standing as a candidate. You cannot be a candidate if you:
- are subject to bankruptcy restrictions, or an interim order
· have been convicted and sentenced to a prison term of three months or more, including suspended sentences, without the option of a fine, at any time in the five years before polling day
· have been disqualified as a result of an election offence, or a corrupt or illegal practice, by an election court
· are employed in a ‘politically restricted post’ by any local authority, unless you can get an exemption from an independent adjudicator appointed by the Secretary of State.
If you have any questions please contact the elections team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more, why not come to the next Parish Council meeting – Monday 18th March 2019 at 7.30pm at Coles Garden Meeting Room, where you will be very welcome to ask questions and find out more.